2. Rehm J, Mathers C, Popova S, Thavorncharoensap M, Teerawattananon Y, Patra J. Global burden of disease and injury and economic cost attributable to alcohol use and alcohol-use disorders. Lancet 2009;373(9682):2223-2233.
3. Rabia M, Knäuper B, Miquelon P. The eternal quest for optimal balance between maximizing pleasure and minimizing harm: the compensatory health beliefs model. Br J Health Psychol 2006;11(Pt 1):139-153.
4. Gleitman H, Gross J, Reisberg D. Psychology. 8th ed. New York: WW Norton & Company; 2011. p. 360.
5. Babor T, Caetano R, Casswell S, Edwards G, Giesbrecht N, Graham K, et al. Alcohol: no ordinary commodity–research and public policy. 2nd ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 2010. p. 103-109.
19. Durnford AJ, Perkins TJ, Perry JM. An evaluation of alcohol attendances to an inner city emergency department before and after the introduction of the UK Licensing Act 2003. BMC Public Health 20081;8: 379.
20. Kypri K, McElduff P, Miller P. Restrictions in pub closing times and lockouts in Newcastle, Australia five years on. Drug Alcohol Rev 2014;33(3):323-326.
21. Marcus J, Siedler T. Reducing binge drinking? The effect of a ban on late-night off-premise alcohol sales on alcohol-related hospital stays in Germany. J Public Econ 2015;123: 55-77.
23. Norström T, Skog OJ. Saturday opening of alcohol retail shops in Sweden: an experiment in two phases. Addiction 2005;100(6):767-776.
30. Gmel G, Rehm J. Harmful alcohol use. Alcohol Res Health 2003;27(1):52-62.
32. Anderson P, Chisholm D, Fuhr DC. Effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of policies and programmes to reduce the harm caused by alcohol. Lancet 2009;373(9682):2234-2246.
33. Conte HR, Plutchik R, Picard S, Galanter M, Jacoby J. Sex differences in personality traits and coping styles of hospitalized alcoholics. J Stud Alcohol 1991;52(1):26-32.
34. Curtin R, Presser S, Singer E. The effects of response rate changes on the index of consumer sentiment. Public Opin Q 2000;64(4):413-428.