1. Schaufeli WB, Bakker AB. Job demands, job resources, and their relationship with burnout and engagement: a multi‐sample study. J Organ Behav 2004;25(3):293-315.
3. Bakker AB, Demerouti E, Euwema MC. Job resources buffer the impact of job demands on burnout. J Occup Health Psychol 2005;10(2):170-180.
4. Lewig KA, Dollard MF. Emotional dissonance, emotional exhaustion and job satisfaction in call centre workers. Eur J Work Organ Psychol 2003;12(4):366-392.
5. de Jonge J, Le Blanc PM, Peeters MC, Noordam H. Emotional job demands and the role of matching job resources: a cross-sectional survey study among health care workers. Int J Nurs Stud 2008;45(10):1460-1469.
6. Kim IH, Noh S, Muntaner C. Emotional demands and the risks of depression among homecare workers in the USA. Int Arch Occup Environ Health 2013;86(6):635-644.
7. Zapf D, Vogt C, Seifert C, Mertini H, Isic A. Emotion work as a source of stress: the concept and development of an instrument. Eur J Work Organ Psychol 1999;8(3):371-400.
8. Parslow RA, Jorm AF, Christensen H, Rodgers B, Strazdins L, D’Souza RM. The associations between work stress and mental health: a comparison of organizationally employed and self-employed workers. Work Stress 2004;18(3):231-244.
9. Teixeira C, Lo L, Truelove M. Immigrant entrepreneurship, institutional discrimination, and implications for public policy: a case study in Toronto. Environ Plan C Gov Policy 2007;25(2):176-193.
10. Olsson E, Ingvad B. The emotional climate of care-giving in home-care services. Health Soc Care Community 2001;9(6):454-463.
11. Demerouti E, Bakker AB, Nachreiner F, Schaufeli WB. The job demands-resources model of burnout. J Appl Psychol 2001;86(3):499-512.
12. De Jonge J, Schaufeli WB. Job characteristics and employee well‐being: a test of Warr’s Vitamin Model in health care workers using structural equation modelling. J Organ Behav 1998;19(4):387-407.
13. Theorell T, Karasek RA. Current issues relating to psychosocial job strain and cardiovascular disease research. J Occup Health Psychol 1996;1(1):9-26.
14. Brotheridge CM, Grandey AA. Emotional labor and burnout: comparing two perspectives of “people work”. J Vocat Behav 2002;60(1):17-39.
15. Baldwin J, Bian L, Dupuy R, Gellatly G. Failure rate for new Canadian firms, new perspectives on entry and exit. Ottawa: Statistics Canada; 2000. p. 43-48.
16. Lawler E, Cammann C, Nadler D, Jenkins D. Michigan organizational assessment questionnaire. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association; 1979.
17. Baldwin J, Gray T, Johnson J, Proctor J, Rafiquzzaman M, Sabourin D. Failing concerns, business bankruptcy in Canada. Ottawa: Statistics Canada; 1997. p. 23-31.
18. Min PG. Problems of Korean immigrant entrepreneurs. Int Migr Rev 1990;24(3):436-455.
19. Kang M. The managed hand: the commercialization of bodies and emotions in Korean immigrant–owned nail salons. Gend Soc 2003;17(6):820-839.
20. Dekker SW, Schaufeli WB. The effects of job insecurity on psychological health and withdrawal: a longitudinal study. Aust Psychol 1995;30(1):57-63.
22. Ilardi BC, Leone D, Kasser T, Ryan RM. Employee and supervisor ratings of motivation: main effects and discrepancies associated with job satisfaction and adjustment in a factory setting 1. J Appl Soc Psychol 1993;23(21):1789-1805.
23. Deci E, Ryan RM. Intrinsic Motivation and self-determination in human behavior. New York: Springer; 1985. p. 9-10.
24. Luchman JN, González-Morales MG. Demands, control, and support: a meta-analytic review of work characteristics interrelationships. J Occup Health Psychol 2013;18(1):37-52.
25. Bakker AB, Demerouti E, De Boer E, Schaufeli WB. Job demands and job resources as predictors of absence duration and frequency. J Vocat Behav 2003;62(2):341-356.
26. Warr P. Work, unemployment, and mental health. New York: Oxford University Press; 1987. p. 9-14.
27. Noh S, Kaspar V, Chen X. Measuring depression in Korean immigrants: assessing validity of the translated Korean version of CES-D scale. Cross Cult Res 1998;32(4):358-377.