1. Krug EG, Mercy JA, Dahlberg LL, Zwi AB. The world report on violence and health. Lancet 2002;360(9339):1083-1088.
3. Kim JY, Oh S, Nam SI. Prevalence and trends in domestic violence in South Korea: findings from national surveys. J Interpers Violence 2016;31(8):1554-1576.
4. Danis FS, Lockhart LL. Domestic violence: intersectionality and culturally competent practice. New York: Columbia University Press; 2010. p. 165-168.
5. Barrett K, George W. Race, culture, psychology, & law. Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications; 2005. p. 257-268.
6. Randle AA, Graham CA. A review of the evidence on the effects of intimate partner violence on men. Psychol Men Masc 2011;12(2):97-111.
7. Hines DA, Douglas EM. Women’s use of intimate partner violence against men: prevalence, implications, and consequences. J Aggress Maltreat Trauma 2009;18(6):572-586.
8. Caetano R, Vaeth PA, Ramisetty-Mikler S. Intimate partner violence victim and perpetrator characteristics among couples in the United States. J Fam Violence 2008;23(6):507-518.
9. Cunradi CB. Intimate partner violence among Hispanic men and women: the role of drinking, neighborhood disorder, and acculturation-related factors. Violence Vict 2009;24(1):83-97.
12. Mercado J, Bautista L, Urrutia JD, Morelos MJ, Amora JG. Analysis on predicting spousal physical violence in the Philippines using binary logistic regression. Eur Acad Res 2015;3(3):31453166.
13. Tollestrup K, Sklar D, Frost FJ, Olson L, Weybright J, Sandvig J, et al. Health indicators and intimate partner violence among women who are members of a managed care organization. Prev Med 1999;29(5):431-440.
14. Browne A, Salomon A, Bassuk SS. The impact of recent partner violence on poor women’s capacity to maintain work. Violence Against Women 1999;5(4):393-426.
16. van Wijk NP. Domestic violence by and against men and women in Curaçao: a Caribbean study. [dissertation]. Amsterdam: Vrije Universiteit; 2012. (German).
17. Whitaker DJ, Haileyesus T, Swahn M, Saltzman LS. Differences in frequency of violence and reported injury between relationships with reciprocal and nonreciprocal intimate partner violence. Am J Public Health 2007;97(5):941-947.
18. Sagrestano LM, Heavey CL, Christensen A. Perceived power and physical violence in marital conflict. J Soc Issues 1999;55(1):65-79.
19. Nikparvar F, Stith S, Anderson J, Panaghi L. Intimate partner violence in Iran: factors associated with physical aggression victimization and perpetration. J Interpers Violence 2018;886260518759060.
20. Donovan C, Hester M. ‘I hate the word “victim”’: an exploration of recognition of domestic violence in same sex relationships. Soc Policy Soc 2010;9(2):279-289.
22. Straus MA. Wife beating: how common and why? Victimology 1977;2(3-4):443-458.
23. Steinmetz SK. The battered husband syndrome. Victimology 1977;2(3-4):499-509.
24. Stets JE, Hammons SA. Gender, control, and marital commitment. J Fam Issues 2002;23(1):3-25.
25. Straus MA, Gelles RJ, Steinmetz SK. Behind closed doors: violence in the American family. New York: Transaction Publishers; 2006. p. 36-38.
28. Capaldi DM, Owen LD. Physical aggression in a community sample of at-risk young couples: gender comparisons for high frequency, injury, and fear. J Fam Psychol 2001;15(3):425-440.
29. Archer J. Sex differences in aggression between heterosexual partners: a meta-analytic review. Psychol Bull 2000;126(5):651-680.
30. Widom CS, Czaja S, Dutton MA. Child abuse and neglect and intimate partner violence victimization and perpetration: a prospective investigation. Child Abuse Negl 2014;38(4):650663.
31. McKinney CM, Caetano R, Ramisetty-Mikler S, Nelson S. Childhood family violence and perpetration and victimization of intimate partner violence: findings from a national population-based study of couples. Ann Epidemiol 2009;19(1):25-32.
32. Wolfe DA, Wekerle C, Scott K, Straatman AL, Grasley C, ReitzelJaffe D. Dating violence prevention with at-risk youth: a controlled outcome evaluation. J Consult Clin Psychol 2003;71(2):279-291.
35. Ahmadabadi Z, Najman JM, Williams GM, Clavarino AM. Income, gender, and forms of intimate partner violence. J Interpers Violence 2017;886260517719541.
36. Palmetto N, Davidson LL, Breitbart V, Rickert VI. Predictors of physical intimate partner violence in the lives of young women: victimization, perpetration, and bidirectional violence. Violence Vict 2013;28(1):103-121.
37. Pepler D. The development of dating violence: what doesn’t develop, what does develop, how does it develop, and what can we do about it? Prev Sci 2012;13(4):402-409.
38. Langhinrichsen-Rohling J, Capaldi DM. Clearly we’ve only just begun: developing effective prevention programs for intimate partner violence. Prev Sci 2012;13(4):410-414.
39. Wray AM, Hoyt T, Gerstle M. Preliminary examination of a mutual intimate partner violence intervention among treatment-mandated couples. J Fam Psychol 2013;27(4):664-670.